Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-Rufai, has accused the Nigerian Bar Association of embracing a “one-sided narrative” after the lawyers’ body bowed to pressure and withdrew his participation from its forthcoming Annual General Conference.
El-Rufai had been listed among speakers to take part in a panel discussion during the conference which is scheduled for August 26-29 but some lawyers opposed to his inclusion compelled the NBA to withdraw the invitation earlier extended to the governor.
“NBA platform or not, these worthy conversations must continue. He will continue to make his voice heard on the things our country needs to do for its progress,” Muyiwa Adekeye, Governor el-Rufai’s aide, said in a statement.
“While the decision about who speaks at its event is clearly the NBA’s, Mallam el-Rufai wishes to make clear that he did not seek the platform and is not agitated that he has one less speaking engagement.”
- Pan Yoruba Summit: It’s Unpatriotic For Yinka Odumakin To Say They Were Not Properly Briefed, Says Adeboye Adebayo
- Breaking: Any Malaria-like Symptoms Should Be Considered COVID-19 – Lagos Gov, Sanwo-Olu
- Jealous Housewife Stabs Husband’s Fiancée To Death
- Tinubu ‘Most Qualified’ To Succeed Buhari In 2023, Says Oluwo
- Between The Cross Rivers Magistrates And Osun Lawmakers By Adewale .S
News1 day ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News3 days ago
Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
News2 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News4 days ago
Osun NUJ Holds Commendation Service for Late Folakemi Alonge