An explosion rocks a village in Katsina, Northwest Nigeria on Saturday with seven people reportedly killed.
The affected area is Yardagi village in Zango Local Government Area of Katsina State.
The Improvised Explosive Device was said to have been planted on a farmland near the community.
According to The Punch, the victims died on the spot.
It was reported that the victims went to get grasses for their animals at the farm when they reportedly stepped on the device.
Five other people were said to have sustained injuries and were rushed to the hospital for treatment.
The incident was confirmed by Spokesman for Katsina State Police Command, SP Gambo Isah.
He said the command would issue a statement on the incident later.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime1 day ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News3 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News2 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News2 days ago
New Wage Commences In April As FG Approves N24tn For Salaries