David Jejelowo, a Director of Administration at the Local Government Service Commission in Ekiti State has been killed by gunmen.
He was killed in the early hours of Monday at his residence in the Igirigiri area of Ado Ekiti, the state capital.
A family friend confirmed the news to the newsmen on Monday morning.
He said, “The incident occurred between 12:30am and 1:00am today and the police have taken his corpse to the morgue.
“The family is still in shock. It is a big loss for them.”
Police spokesperson in Ekiti State, Sunday Abutu, confirmed the killing when contacted, noting that investigations had started already on the case.
In January, the late Jejelowo was a victim of kidnapping.
He was abducted alongside his driver on the Ado-Ijan Road before they were later released after series of negotiations for ransom with the kidnappers.
- Kaduna Confirms Sack Of 65 Primary School Teachers
- Group Blasts Fayose Over Inconsistence, Double Standard
- Tosin Ogunbodede: What A Tragedy—Banji Alabi Esq
- Breaking: Ex-IGP Gambo Jimeta Is Dead, Buhari Mourns
- Your Claims That I Was Compelled By Govt To Stop Your Installation Are Off Track- Oluwo Replies Salinsile
News4 days ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News5 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News4 days ago
LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons
News3 days ago
Osun Assistant Commissioner Of Police, 2 Officers In Trouble Over Alleged Killing Of Ram Merchant