Leader of the legislative assembly in Bonny LGA of Rivers, Miriam Hart, is battling at a hospital to survive wounds sustained in an attack by gunmen.
She was among the victims of an armed gang that invaded a burial ceremony at Banigo Isile-Ogono community in Bonny Council Area of Rivers.
Witnesses said that the gunmen stormed the event a few minutes after the deceased, Kenneth Kalada Banigo was interred, shot sporadically and abducted several people.
Scores were injured.
Guests, including the Chairman of Bonny Local Government Council, David Irimagha and lawmaker representing Bonny Constituency in the Rivers State House of Assembly, Abinye Blessing Pepple, escaped.
Among the people abducted are Sunny Hart, Thomas Allison and Theophilus Ibiama.
A witness narrated the attack: “The lawmaker, local government chairman, together with other guests tried to get to the waterfront to board their boats and escape.
“The gunmen later abducted a number of persons and took them away into the nearby creeks. The matter has been reported to security agencies,”
- Osun LG Residents Raise Alarm Over Increased Rate Of Criminal Activities
- UNIOSUN Teaching Hospital Issues Medical Advisory To Staff On COVID-19 Pandemic
- Another 14 Nigerians Die Of COVID-19, Infections Hit 114,691
- COVID-19: Again, Osun Govt Imposes Curfew, Orders Civil Servants To Work From Home
- Hon Mufutau Adegbite’s Performance In Ife South LG Good Example For Others Council Chairmen- Residents
News3 days ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News4 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News5 days ago
Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
News3 days ago
LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons