Otsapa Ubani Otsapa, chairman of the National Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE), Ado Local Government Chapter, Benue State, has been docked by the EFCC for alleged criminal conspiracy, abuse of office and diversion of public funds to the tune of N17.5 million.
Otsapa’s case is before Justice Moris Ikpambese of the Benue State High Court, Makurdi.
One of the two-count charge reads: “That you, Otsapa Ubani Otsapa being Chairman of National Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE), Ado Chapter, between 2016 and 2019 in Ado Local Government area of Benue State within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, was entrusted with the sum of N17,552,400.00 by the NULGE state chapter for the welfare of its members, but dishonesty misappropriated the said sum and thereby committed an offence, contrary to Section 312 of the Penal Code (CAP) 124 Laws of Benue State, and punishable under Section 313 of the same Law”.
- Aso Rock Confirms Bush Fire Near Fence, Says No Cause For Alarm
- Baptist Youths Rejects Use of Hijab in Kwara State Mission Schools
- Again, Gunmen Kidnap Travellers In Osun
- International Women’s Day: NAWOJ B Zone Calls For Gender Equal World
- Internal Security: AGF Coordinator, Olateju Charges Youths To Abstain From Using Social Media To Spread Fake News
News4 days ago
Chief Imam Offa, MKO Abiola’s Daughter, Oranmiyan DG, Associate Editor Of The Nation, Others Storm Ilorin For Olateju Birthday Celebration
News4 days ago
#EndSARS Protesters Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu
Entertainment3 days ago
‘Why I Gave Fathia Balogun A Dirty Slap At A Burial Ceremony’ – Actress, Remi Surutu Finally Breaks Silence
Crime4 days ago
Fake NSCDC Officer Bags 7 Years Imprisonment