Just In: Another Serving Lawmaker Dies In Hospital
A serving member representing Bayo constituency at the Borno state house of assembly, Umar Audi, is dead.
It was gathered that the lawmaker died at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital on Tuesday evening.
A hospital source revealed that Audi was initially rejected because there was no bed space. The health workers were said to have stood their ground that the only available space was for any emergency that has to do with childbirth.
However, the family members who took him there reportedly prevailed upon the hospital authorities before he was attended to.
“He died shortly after they admitted him. His sample has been sent to the Nigeria Center for Disease Control to certify if the death has anything to do with COVID-19,” the source said.
Audi’s death comes barely a week after the death of Bukar Wakil Lawan, lawmaker representing Nganzai constituency in Borno.
- Fracas: Kwara Govt Announces Temporary Closure Of Mandate Market
- Nkechi Blessing, Kunle Afod, Others Mourn Death Of Colleague Gbemisola Anjola
- Man Arrested For Impregnating 19-Year-Old Daughter
- JUST IN: Sanwo-Olu Orders N5m Payment To Driver Assaulted During #EndSARS Memorial
- Appeal Court Judgement Aligns With The Wishes Of Osun people- Philanthropist