With just a week to the October 10 governorship election in Ondo State, some members of the African Democratic Congress have defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress in the state.
The defectors, who were led by the state chairperson of the ADC, Tokunbo Adetoro, were received to the APC by the party chairman, Ade Adetimehin, on Saturday, at the party secretariat, in Akure, the state capital.
The defectors promised to work with the APC to ensure that the candidate of the party, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, win the forthcoming governorship poll.
Welcoming the defectors to the APC, Adetimehin commended them for taking what he called “the right step in the right direction”.
He expressed confidence that their association with the APC would further boost the chances of the ruling party at the poll.
On her part, Adetoro said the decision to collapse the ADC structure for the ruling party was informed by the performance of the Akeredolu-led government across the state.
“We will work for the success of the APC in Saturday’s election because Governor Akeredolu deserves a second term,” Adetoro said.
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
- COVID-19: 6 Die Of Complications As 8 Doctors Test Positive In FMC Asaba
- Osun Federated Chapel Of NUJ Expresses Sadness Over Folakemi Alonge’s Death