The All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate, Rt Hon Simon Bako Lalong has won popular votes of the governorship election held on Saturday, March 23, 2019, as announced by the state Returning Officer, Prof Richard of the Federal University of Agriculture, Markudi, enue state.
APC scored a total 583, 255 votes against his major rival, General Jeremiah Useni (Rtd) of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who scored 538, 326.
The results have however been declared inconclusive because the margin between the two leading parties was 44, 929 while the cancelled votes were 49, 377.
INEC shall announce a date to conduct a supplementary election within 21 days to determine the eventual winner.
- Insecurity: Southwest Governors Read Riot Act To Criminals
- Just In: Channels TV Reporter Shot As Shiite Members Confront Police in Abuja
- Legislator Harps On Regulation Of Social Media Space To Check Fake News
- ASUU To Buhari: Stop Rewarding Indicted VCs With Appointment
- Apetumodu Stool: We Followed Due Process, Say Kingmakers
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News2 days ago
Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused Of Complicity
News4 days ago
Osun Workers, Pensioners Gets Salaries/Pensions For June 2019
News3 days ago
Just In: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 5,000 Personnel For NDLEA
South West News3 days ago
Osun Security Summit:Be Wary Of A Confusionist, OPC Chieftain Warns Residents