The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday declared Nyesom Ezenwo Wike as the winner of the Rivers Governorship Election.
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike playing with a toddler in Port Harcourt during his inspection of the ongoing construction of the Mile One Market.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governor polled 886,264 votes to win the March 9 Governorship/State House of Assembly election in Rivers.
Wike took an early lead on Tuesday as result collation resumed in Port Harcourt.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) suspended the collation of the results of the election in the state on March 10, citing electoral violence.
The electoral umpire also announced a schedule of activities for the resumption of the exercise, stating that collation and announcement of results would hold between April 2 and 5.
- 2019 NGF Tourney: Over 260 junior Golfers Storm Jos for 3rd Edition
- Oyetola Approves Composition of Customary courts In Osun
- 769 Osun Workers Caught In Certificate Infraction
- Easter Celebration: Yinka Olatunbosun Felicitates with Christians, Osun People
- Tears As Kolade Johnson Who Was Killed By Policemen Is Laid To Rest
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
Residents, Others Excited, As Aderibigbe Donates Hospital To Osun Community
News5 days ago
How Pregnant Woman Was Mistakenly Burnt To Death In Osun
News3 days ago
Securing University of Jos and its Students
South West News3 days ago
R-Connect Felicitates With Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile On His Birthday