By Jide Afolabi
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has adjourned the collation of results of the Rivers state governorship election till Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
INEC had announced results of 15 LGA’s on Tuesday with the PDP candidate, Nyesom Wike maintaining a comfortable lead, winning 13 LGA’s.
INEC had earlier suspended the announcement of the March 9 governorship election results and sent a fact-finding team to the state to determine the circumstances that led to what warranted the suspension of the elections.
INEC has not yet announced results of two LGAs, while supplementary elections will be held next week in six other local governments where there were cancelled elections.
- Meet First-Class Engineering Graduate Who Sells Kerosene For A Living
- I’m Going To Marry Three Men With My Money When I Clock 40 – Toyin Lawani
- EFCC Detains Kwara TV GM, Three Others For Land Fraud
- See List Of 23 Nigerians To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia
- 50% of Litigation In Oyo Are Land Related – Commissioner
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News3 days ago
Monarch Condemns Arson In Osun Community, Threatens Legal Action Against Trouble Makers
News5 days ago
Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
Crime3 days ago
Ondo: Woman Tortures Daughter To Death, Escapes With Corpse In Hospital
News4 days ago
Breaking: Buhari Announces Portfolios Of New Ministers As Aregbesola Becomes Interior Minister