By Olusakin Babalola, Ibadan
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has disclosed that Oyo State workers have started receiving May salary so they could prepare for the coming Sallah celebration coming up next week.
The governor who disclosed this in a statement signed by his Chief of Staff, Chief Bisi Ilaka on Friday, maintained that the action was in consonance with his promise to make life better for the entire workers in the State’s service.
“Oyo workers have started getting their banks’ alerts so they can prepare for the forthcoming Sallah festival. This is in consonance with our campaign promise that we shall do everything at every turn to make workers smile.
“Our administration has come to give relief to the entire workers of the State and apart from prompt payment of salaries, this administration will see to provision of other incentives and workplace requirements to promote efficiency and drive personal and public growth.
“Again we reiterate our commitment to a greater Oyo State and it can only be achieved through an efficient and productive workforce. So we call on labour to reciprocate with the same gesture by giving unalloyed loyalty and dedication to the service of the State,” he charged.
The federal government has declared Tuesday 4th of june and Wednesday 5th of june as public holiday for workers in the country to celebrate the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Foreign News3 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies
Crime3 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt