,it might not be a healthy meal to eat during the night.
Rice is rich in starch and breaks down easily hence can be digested easily. It is a dish that leads to an instant spike in your blood glucose levels as it breaks down easily and that means, you have an instant burst of energy.
Rice also leads to serious weight gain as it has more calories that if not used up is stored as fat in the body.
The fact that rice can be digested easily is a disadvantage because you are going to be asleep for the next few hours, your body will not get any nutrition for these many hours. Therefore you will wake up the next morning feeling hungry as your body was in starvation mode during the night.
Rice is a light food and people take it as a better option from other foods. It is better to consume high -fiber foods during the night because they are not easy to digest.
It is even better to switch to brown rice because it does not break down easily. Or one can even decide to eat two chapattis and skip eating white rice that lacks nutrients.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- NYSC Member Donates Borehole To Community In Cross River
- Aregbesola Advocates 12-Month Timeline For Dispensation Of Justice On Criminal Cases
- Senate Orders Fresh Probe Of ex-CJN Over Corruption Allegations
- Ekiti: TUC Fumes Over Non-Payment Of Members Outstanding Benefits, Gives Govt 21days Ultimatum
- Adamu’s Comment On Osun Guber Election: PDP Petitions Western Embassies, Calls For Visa, Diplomatic Ban
News4 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News5 days ago
Just In: Osun Assembly Extends Tenure Of Caretaker Committees Of LGs For Another Six Months
News2 days ago
Make Yourself Relevant In All Spheres Of Life, Osun NULGE President Charges Members
News4 days ago
Top Nigerian Newspaper’s Columnist, Olagunju Donates Borehole To Home Town To Mark Father’s Day