Ibadan: Calm Returns To Omi Adio After Violent Clash Between Two Militia Groups
Normalcy has returned to Omi Adio community in Ido local government Area of Oyo State where ten people were ropertedly injured in a violence attack between members of Oodua Peoples Congress’s and another ethnic militia group.
The Oyo state Police Spokesman, Superintendent Adekumle Ajisebutu said that the situation has been put under control and promised to react formally to the issue later.
The Divisional Police Officer for the community assured that the trouble makers would be flushed out and dealt with accordingly.
CityMirrorNews was reliably told that 20 members of Gobe allegedly led by one Jobe Sarafa engaged the OPC members in an altercation when another group allegedly turned the verbal argument to violence where dangerous weapons were freely used
In the mêlée that ensued ,10 people were seriously injured before the arrival of security operatives.
They were rushed to the hospital and they would assist in the police investigation later, it was learnt.
The main cause of the violence between the groups has not been formally known but one Kabir said that the Gobe boys were against their criminal activities in the area which were being checkmated by the police.
An elderly man in the community who sought anonymity alleged that the Gone boys apart from injuring OPC members also attacked passers -by
- Governor Adeleke Set To Commission Newly Completed Projects In Uniosun
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court
- Drama As Suspect Jumps Through Court Window, Flees After Remand Order
- Subsidy: Judiciary, Health Workers, Others Commence Mobilisation For Strike