Three passengers have lost their lives while 13 others were injured when one of the tyres of a Toyota Hiace commercial bus burst on motion and crashed into a median at Odogbolu junction, along the Ijebu Ode-Benin Expressway on Friday afternoon in Ogun State.
The ill-fated vehicle with the number plate GGE 594 XT was said to be travelling from Lagos to Port Harcourt in Rivers State when the incident occurred.
The Public Relations Officer, Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, Babatunde Akinbiyi, said the driver lost control when one of the rear tyres of the vehicle burst as he was alleged to be making a telephone call while on the wheel.
He said the corpses of the three victims had been deposited at the mortuary of the General Hospital in Ijebu Ode, while those who were injured were receiving treatment in the same hospital.
According to him, “Three males including the driver of the commercial bus died in the accident, while 13 others were injured.
“Our operatives on the ground at the scene said they gathered that the accident was caused by a tyre burst. One of the rear tyres burst on motion.
“The late driver was also reported to be making telephone call and lost control of the vehicle before it crashed into a median.
“The remains of the victims had been deposited at the mortuary of the state General Hospital in Ijebu Ode, those who were injured were also taken to the same hospital for treatment.”
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Police Arraign 35-Year- Old Woman Over Alleged Breach Of Public Peace
- 2023: Hoodlums Destroy House of Reps Candidate Billboard In Ibadan
- Just In :Appeal Court Panel Urges FG, ASUU To Settle Out Of Court
- 2023: Makinde Opens Two-Day Training For Candidates …Says We’ve Shifted Paradigms In Governance, Politics …Set To Flag-Off Iddo-Eruwa Road
- Media Aid Fired For Supporting Peter Obi