The Nigeria police have released the former Head of New Media for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Convener of pro-democracy and good governance group, Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju and his co-detainee, Brian Jonah Dennis.
The duo were picked by security operatives earlier this morning for staging a peaceful protest against the federal government’s insistence that the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu be tried secretly.
Adeyanju who spoke to newsmen shortly after his release, said he was arrested by the police and threatened again but he told them that he was not going to stop the peaceful protests against injustice and breaking of the constitution.
His words “Released. I have told them that the protests will continue. We will not STOP and we will not be cowed.”
“We will announce a new date for the #SayNoToSecretTrial. On Monday we will do #FreeAustinOkai and #FreeKemiOlunloyo protest.”
Deji was also instrumental to the organization of an-anti economic rally tagged “OCCUPY NIGERIA” against President Buhari’s government in March that was first spearheaded by the musical legend, Tuface Idibia before the latter backed out.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Police Arraign 35-Year- Old Woman Over Alleged Breach Of Public Peace
- 2023: Hoodlums Destroy House of Reps Candidate Billboard In Ibadan
- Just In :Appeal Court Panel Urges FG, ASUU To Settle Out Of Court
- 2023: Makinde Opens Two-Day Training For Candidates …Says We’ve Shifted Paradigms In Governance, Politics …Set To Flag-Off Iddo-Eruwa Road
- Media Aid Fired For Supporting Peter Obi