No fewer than 2,200 cases of tuberculosis disease were recorded last year in Osun State.
The Permanent Secretary in the state Ministry of Health, Dr. Akinyinka Esho, made this revelation while speaking at a press conference to mark this year’s World Tuberculosis Day in Osogbo, the state capital.
Esho, who said it was important for people to know that the disease was curable, also disclosed that its treatment is free.
He further disclosed that the state government had mapped out a strategy to enlighten the populace about the symptoms and places to visit to cure the disease, adding that efforts on sensitisation programs would be intensifies on radio and television stations.
Saying that latest method of diagnosis of the disease through a Genexpert machine has been made easy, he revealed that free treatment is available in State Hospitals at Osogbo, Ilesa, Iwo, Ikirun, Ife and Ejigbo.
Also, as part of activities to sensitise residents of the state about the disease, a road show was organised at the weekend by the state Ministry of Health in collaboration with some civil society groups and Non Governmental organisations.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime1 day ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News3 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News2 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News2 days ago
New Wage Commences In April As FG Approves N24tn For Salaries