Osun state government on Friday February 19, 2016 said it will pay the remaining half salaries of the state workers when the Federal Government pay the state its remaining allocation.
The Chairman, Special Committee on Health, Dr. Simeon Afolayan, said “Osun state has been receiving N5billion from the Federal allocation, but at a time, especially in November 2015, the state received minus N24million.
He said, “If the FG pays all the remaining allocation, the state government will pay the remaining half salaries of workers.
Dr Afolayan blamed the inability of the state government to pay workers’ salary on the dwindling revenue allocation as occasioned by the economic crunch.
While reacting to the ongoing industrial action embarked upon by the medical doctors, Dr Afolayan declared the jobs of about one hundred striking doctors vacant.
He noted that since the medical doctors in the employment of the state government have abandoned their offices in the past 11 months, the government had assumed that they are no longer in its employment
- Again, Abuja Residents Attack, Loot Truck Carrying Food Items
- Falana Tells Nigerians To Ask Tinubu If FG Still Pays Fuel Subsidy
- Two Suspected Witches Stoned, Burnt
- Inauguration Of $800M Geometric Power Plant: Forum Of South-East Academic Doctors Congratulates Prof Nnaji
- Tinubu Still Pays Massive Amount Monthly As Petrol Subsidy – Pinnacle Oil MD
Entertainment4 days ago
Breaking: Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Sisi Qadri Is Dead
News2 days ago
Ondo 2024: Battle For APC Delegates List Takes Centre Stage
News4 days ago
Osun: LGEA Chairperson, Babaniyi Charges Parents To Take Education Of Their Children Seriously
News4 days ago
Osun: Encomium As Sheri- Care Foundation Distributes Palliatives To Ilesa Residents