Crime
Why Nigerian Government has not released Dasuki despite ECOWAS Court ruling – Justice Minister
The Federal Government on Wednesday gave reason why it did not immediately comply with the judgement of an ECOWAS Court to release a former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.
The court on Tuesday gave judgement directing the release of Mr. Dasuki.
On Wednesday, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, said the government needs to study the content of the ruling before acting on it.
Mr. Dasuki has been detained since last year for allegedly mismanaging billions of dollars meant for purchase of arms as well as for illegal possession of arms.
Salihu Isah, Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to Mr. Malami, gave PREMIUM TIMES the government’s stance in a telephone interview on Wednesday morning.
He said the government needed to fully understand the content of the court’s proceedings and judgement before reacting.
“We cannot just react. We will first of all study the judgement to understand its content before taking a stand,” he said
-
News4 days agoOsun: University Of Ilesa Gets Fully Furnished Moot Court Facility
-
News4 days agoEmbrace Education As Tool For Character Formation Rather Than Mere Certification- Prof Ali Charges Universities
-
News2 days agoOsogbo Living Spring Lions Club Urges Govt To Intensify Eye Health Awareness, Sponsors Cataract Surgeries In Osun
-
News4 days agoFADOJOE Celebrates NRM National Chairman, Chinedu Obi, on 61st Birthday
