Tribunal sacks Taraba PDP Governor, declares Mrs Aisha of APC winner
The Taraba State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja has declared the All Progressive Congress (APC) candidate, Mrs Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan, winner of the April 11 gubernatorial election in the state.
The tribunal headed by Justice Musa Danladi Abubakar, sacked Darius Ishaku, the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), candidate, and ordered that the APC candidate, Mrs Al-Hassan, recently appointed minister by President Muhammadu Buhari, be sworn into office.
Mrs. Al-Hassan, a former senator and a lawyer by training will be Nigeria’s first female governor if Mr. Ishaku fails to challenge the ruling, or loses the appeal.
Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan is a Fulani, was the first female to be appointed as Taraba State Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice.
She was also the first woman to be appointed as Secretary FCT judicial council and later appointed the Chief Registrar of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
- Ayeni Gives N60M Worth Of Projects To Constituency To Mark 62nd Birthday Anniversary
- Obidients: Man Arrested At Abuja Airport Mentally Challenged – Lawyer Seeks Treatment
- Arewa Consultative Forum Seeks Arrest, Prosecution Of Advocates Of Interim Govt
- Police Arrest Lawyers Filing Tribunal Petitions For APC
- 82,000 Nigerian Women Die Annually From Pregnancy, Childbirth Complications – UNICEF
News4 days ago
Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC
Opinion4 days ago
[OPINION]2023 Presidential Election: The Deceit, Arrogance Of Peter Obi & Datti Baba-Ahmed In Misleading Their Gullible Followers By Adeboye Adebayo
News2 days ago
Breaking: Pandemonium In Osogbo As Correctional Vehicle Hit Minibus, 2 Injured
News4 days ago
Emefiele Begs NLC Not To Protest Over Naira Scarcity