Tragedy As Fulani Herdsmen Butcher Family of Six, Others, Eight Corpses Recovered
At least eight corpses have been recovered after a deadly attack in the Abagana community, Makurdi, the Benue State capital, by armed men suspected to be Fulani herdsmen.
The Special Adviser on Security Matters to the Benue State Governor, Paul Hemba, who confirmed the incident to Dailypost said it was carried out late Thursday when the armed men invaded the community near the Internally Displaced Persons, IDP, camp in Abagana.
According to Paul Hemba, security personnel and other villagers have been combing the bushes in the community for more victims who were said to have been shot by the invaders.
He said entire members of a family of six were all killed in the unfortunate attack.
Hemba further stated that the attack was unprovoked as the villagers were already set to go to bed when they met their untimely deaths at the hands of the Fulani bandits.
According to the Security Adviser, the casualty figure may likely rise as some other persons who were fatally shot and wounded may not survive the injuries to their chests.
- Fracas: Kwara Govt Announces Temporary Closure Of Mandate Market
- Nkechi Blessing, Kunle Afod, Others Mourn Death Of Colleague Gbemisola Anjola
- Man Arrested For Impregnating 19-Year-Old Daughter
- JUST IN: Sanwo-Olu Orders N5m Payment To Driver Assaulted During #EndSARS Memorial
- Appeal Court Judgement Aligns With The Wishes Of Osun people- Philanthropist