Terrorists have abducted 63 people in Durmin, Jarmiya, and Pandogari in Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State.
At least 41 people were abducted from Durmin, 14 people from Jarmiya and eight people from Pandogari.
A source said of the 14 people abducted in Jarmiya, eight were released after the terrorists collected N6 million and two motorcycles as ransom.
For the remaining six, the terrorists are demanding N200,000 recharge cards for their release.
At Durmin, the terrorists collected N8 million from the families of eight captives while 33 others are still held.
Also, the Joint Security Taskforce in Niger rescued 13 abducted victims in Gurara LGA.
In a statement, Commissioner of Internal Security and Humanitarian Affairs, Emmanuel Umar, said the victims were rescued after the security task force raided the area.
- Osun: Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Impede Free Flow Of Traffic With Double Queues, Petrol Stations/Motorists Warned
- Northern Group Faults Atiku For Backing Naira Redesign, Says Move Not Favour Common People
- Reasons For Recurring Train Attacks — Investigation
- Jealous Brother Shoots Sister’s Lover In Ogun
- People’s Welfare, My Top Priority-Adeleke
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies