The former Pakistan Prime Minister, Imran Khan, was shot in the country’s east on Thursday, wounding him in the process, his aide said.
The attack took place in Wazirabad, about 200 km (120 miles) from the capital, Islamabad.
According to a member of Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party, many of Khan’s colleagues were also wounded.
Reports also have it that one person has been reported dead.
“A man opened fire with an automatic weapon. Several people are wounded. Imran Khan is also injured,” Asad Umar told Reuters.
Khan, a Former cricketer, was leading a protest march in Islamabad to demand snap elections when a bullet hit him in the shin.Dailypost
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Foreign News3 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News3 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies
Crime3 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai