U.S. President Donald Trump’s lead over Joe Biden in battleground state of Georgia has been reduced to fewer than 54, 405 votes, with counting still under way.
Donald Trump has 2,412,453 votes, compared with 2,358,048 for Biden, after 97 percent of the votes were counted.
In percentage terms, Trump has 49.95 to Biden’s 48.83.
If Biden overtakes Trump here, it means he will not even need to wait for Pennsylvania to reach the threshold of 270 electoral college votes.
Georgia has 16 votes for grabs.
At the moment, Biden has 264 electoral votes to Trump’s 214.
The mailed ballots being counted are reportedly from the heavily Democratic parts of the state, such as Fulton county, which includes Atlanta.
Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said he was pushing counties to complete vote tallies by the end of Wednesday.
Roughly 200,000 ballots were being counted as of late morning.
- Abducted Traveller Rescued From Kidnappers In Osun
- Osun Pensioners Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements
- How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
- Party Chieftain Blames Kwara APC Crisis On Political Jobbers
- LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons