Nigerian music superstar, David Adeleke, also known as Davido has donated to charity all the N200million he received from fans and friends.
For good measure, he added N50million of his own, to make the total charity donation to N250 million.
All the money, he said will go to orphanages across Nigeria.
The singer made this known in a statement dated Friday, 19th of November 2021, and released on Saturday, November 20, 2021.
The singer had jokingly solicited for funds on his social media pages, saying that anyone who has listened to his hit song should send him cash, after which he posted his account details online.
”If u know I’ve given you a hit song .. send me money …. una know una selves oo”, the DMW boss tweeted.
He has constituted a five-person committee to oversee the distribution of the money.
The singer also revealed that he intends to do a fundraising every year to celebrate his birthday and give back the donation to the poor.
His 29th birthday is due tomorrow 21 November. He is celebrating it in Dubai.
Davido shared a copy of the statement via Twitter and wrote;
- UNIOSUN Warns Job Seekers About Fake Vacancy Advertisement
- Mother Of Kano Wanted Thug Hands Son Over To Police
- UNESCO Expert, DR SURAJ Seeks Global Solutions To Fake News Through International Research Collaboration
- BREAKING: Emefiele Remain In Custody As Court Adjourns Case Till January 18
- Kyari’s Reappointment: Skymark Energy And Power chairman Lauds Tinubu
News5 days ago
Court Reinstates 28 Disengaged Federal Polytechnic Ede Staff
News4 days ago
CJ: Committee Submits Report, House Writes Governor, NJC
News4 days ago
Encomiums As Children Donate 2 Boreholes To Ikire Community To Immortalize Late Mother
News1 day ago
Just In: Prominent Osun Traditional Ruler Joins Ancestors