Gunmen suspected to be bandits have reportedly abducted the students of Apostolic Faith School, in Emure, Ekiti State, on Monday.
New Telegraph report that the pupils were abducted alongside the head teacher of the school and his driver.
According to the reports, the incident happened during the closing hours, as students were said to be taken in their school bus from Emure to Eporo Ekiti.
This tragic incident adds to the rising concerns about security in the area, which have been raised by the recent deaths of two traditional rulers in Ekiti State.
Recall that on their way back from Ogbe, a nearby town in Kogi State, bandits—possibly herdsmen—ambushed and killed Elesun of Esun-Ekiti, David Babatunde, and Onimojo of Imojo-Ekiti, Ogunsakin Olushola.
Governor Biodun Oyebanji ordered security services to capture the culprits when their remains were found later along a forest walk.
- BREAKING: Philip Shaibu Wins Edo PDP Parallel Gov Primaries
- JUST IN:FG Stops Export Of Cooking Gas To Reduce Price
- BREAKING: Ex-Barcelona Star Dani Alves Sentenced To Four Years In Jail
- State Govt Declares Masquerade Wanted For Punishing 71-Yr-Old Man To Death
- Osun: CDHR Calls For Strict Compliance To Teachers Retirement Elongation Policy
Education3 days ago
Tragedy As OAU Loses Staff To Lion Attack
Sports5 days ago
5 Super Eagles Players That Won Nigerians’ Hearts During 2023 AFCON
News2 days ago
Osun: NUT Urges Transparency In Teachers’ Recruitment
News1 day ago
NMCN Registrar Explains Why Enrolment Of Nursing Students Increased To 68,000