Two Injured As Gunmen Attack Lagos PDP Rep Candidate’s Convoy
No fewer than two people were injured on Thursday in an attack on the convoy of the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for the House of Representatives, Lagos Mainland Constituency, Segun Gbayi.
The attack by the yet-to-be-identified gunmen happened in the Makoko area, Yaba, Lagos.
The gunmen also attacked the security escorts attached to the convoy, opened fire and vandalised their vehicles.
However, Gbayi escaped the attack unhurt.
Reacting, Gbayi said the attack was to prevent members and supporters of the party from exercising their franchise in tomorrow’s election.
“This attack was violently carried out to discourage us from exercising our political franchise,” he said.
He advised voters and the general public to remain safe during this period and report any case of threat to lives, vandalisation, or violent attack to security officers.
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court
- Drama As Suspect Jumps Through Court Window, Flees After Remand Order
- Subsidy: Judiciary, Health Workers, Others Commence Mobilisation For Strike
- Health Workers Suspend Strike For 21 Days After Meeting Tinubu