Crime
Boy Set Ablaze For Stealing Android Phone
A 22-year-old boy identified as Eyo was set ablaze Sunday evening by a mob for allegedly stealing a phone.
The incident occurred at the Atimbo area of Calabar Municipality Local Government Area of Cross River State.
An eyewitness told NAN that the deceased was known for petty stealing and had been warned severally.
The source said the boy allegedly stole a phone on Saturday, left the community and reappeared on Sunday.
“I know Eyo from secondary school, he has always been stealing. There was a time he stole half of the class school fees.
“This is not the first time a mob action was carried out on him, he only met his end today,” he said.
The witness recalled the angry mob beating the alleged thief with cutlass before setting him on fire.
Police Public Relations Officer, SP Irene Ugbo condemned the lynching, saying it was unlawful for people to take laws into their hands.
The spokesperson said the matter should have been reported, adding that jungle justice is “unacceptable, barbaric and illegal”
-
News4 days agoOsogbo Living Spring Lions Club Urges Govt To Intensify Eye Health Awareness, Sponsors Cataract Surgeries In Osun
-
News5 days agoOsun 2026: ADC Candidate, Salaam Calls For Credible Election, Assures Agricultural, Infrastructure Devt
-
News5 days agoBREAKING: Makinde Declares Presidential Bid, Reveals PDP-APM Alliance
-
Crime5 days agoNigerian Professor Bags 70 Months Jail In US For $1.4m Fraud
