Three policemen were on Thursday gunned down by gunmen in Umunze community in Orumba South local government area of Anambra state.
Reports had it that the policemen were attached to the Police Division in the area while about four persons were said to have been injured while running for their lives.
Although, this reporter could not get comprehensive information about the incident as at the time of filing this report; it was, however, gathered that the murdered officers were also said to be the mobile police base of the 29 PMF and 54 PMF Umunze.
Reacting to the attack, the Police Public Relations Officer, Anambra State Police Command, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, described it as unfortunate incident, while also noting that reinforcement teams were already in the area.
“It is an unfortunate incident and is part of the highest price security officers pay in serving the nation but the police command is not deterred by this development.
“The reinforcements teams are already in the area and the manhunt for the assailants is ongoing while joint security patrols have been intensified in the area,” DSP Tochukwu said in a short statement made available to a local Station in the state.
- Kaduna Governorship Tribunal To Deliver Judgment Via Zoom, Dismisses Uba Sani’s Motion
- Hyacinth Alia: Laying Foundation For Bountiful Harvest In Benue By Bridget Ikyado
- 2024 Rankings : Top 15 Best Universities In Nigeria Emerges , See Lists
- Burkina Faso Detains Four Officers After Thwarted Coup
- Insecurity: Osun NSCDC Charges Officers On Proactive, Efficient Leadership