Debest Osarumwense, mother of Endurance Osarumwense, an internet fraudster has been sentenced to five years imprisonment by Justice M. S. Shuaibu of the Federal High Court in Benin City.
Debest Osarumwense was arraigned by the Benin Zonal Command of the Commission on a one count charge for aiding her son to receive N91.296 million being proceeds of his cybercrime.
The offence was committed between 2nd January 2020 and December 2021 in Edo State.
Upon arraignment, the defendant pleaded guilty.
In view of her plea, the prosecution counsel, I. K.Agwai prayed the court to convict and sentence her accordingly.
Justice Shuaibu convicted and sentenced the defendant to five years imprisonment with option of N1 million fine.
She is also to forfeit the balance in her bank account to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- UNIOSUN Resumes For Second Semester
- ‘My Pedigree And Dexterity Will Bring Desirable Change To IBO Federal Consistency’- Kayode Oduoye
- OSPOLY Holds 7th Combined Convocation May 26
- Fresh Voter Registration Hits 9,238,991, Says INEC
- IPOB Is A Terrorist Group, Stop Members From Using Your Platform To Incite Hate, Violence, Buhari Government Tells Facebook
News3 days ago
Killers Of Deborah Samuel Will Not Smell Paradise- Sheikh Gumi
News4 days ago
Funfair As Osun ALGON Chairman’s Wife, Mrs Comfort Abiodun Bows Out Of Service, Celebrates 60th Birthday
News2 days ago
I Will Win Osun Guber Election With Dollars, Pounds, Says Ademola Adeleke
News2 days ago
Oyetola’s Campaign Council Blasts Adeleke Over Brag To Win Guber Election With Dollars, Says Osun Not For Sale To Highest Bidder