The Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command has arrested an ex-convict.
The suspect, Yakub Yusuf, was apprehended hours after he was released from jail.
He had been sentenced to one-month imprisonment for stealing at a government fuel dump in Alausa, Ikeja.
23-year-old Yusuf was convicted early November but was given an option of fine.
Less than two weeks into his term, a non-governmental organization facilitated his release by paying the fine.
After he regained freedom, Yusuf was nabbed again after illegal entering the Lagos State Fire Service premises.
Police Public Relations, SP Benjamin Hundeyin said he stole valve covers of old fire trucks under repairs.
The RRS, led by CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi, has transferred him to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) for prosecution.
- Nami’s Magic Wand: Restructuring Revenue Collection In Nigeria
- Senator Asks Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency On Security In Osun
- Osun: APC House Of Assembly Candidate, Oyegbade Escapes Assassination
- Protest In Osogbo Over Tribunal Judgement
- Security: Oluwo Meets Security Operatives, Fulanis, Bororo, Others
Crime5 days ago
JUST IN : Police Arrests APC State Chairman, Others Over Alleged Killings
News5 days ago
Hunters Comb Bushes As Gunmen Kidnap Three In Osun
News5 days ago
APC Presidential Campaign: Only Aregbesola Can Direct His Followers To Join Campaign In Osun- Group
News4 days ago
Exposed: How Fake, Unregistered NGOs, CSOs Dominate Osun Political Space, Remain Tools For Politicians