Court Ordered Man To Sweep Court
Judge, Malam Ishaq Hassan, on Tuesday, ordered a 24-year-old man, Valentine Nmoye, to sweep the Karu Upper Area Court, Abuja’s premises for three hours for stealing three perfumes worth N4,000 from a store.
Hassan gave the order after the convict pleaded guilty to the theft, and he (Hassan) warned him to desist from engaging in crimes.
Earlier, the prosecution counsel, Olarewaju Osho, told the court that the complainant, Sadiq Ahmed of Tahalid Stores, Garki, Abuja, reported the incident at the Garki Police Station on November 3.
Osho added that the complainant said the convict entered the store and stole three perfumes, worth N4,000.
Osho said, during police investigation, the convict admitted to committing the offence.
He said the offence was punishable under Section 287 of the Penal Code Law.
- Nigerians Angry With Govt Officials Over High Cost Of Living – Shettima
- Police Arrest Man For killing Mother, Sister In Enugu
- 35-Yr-Old Man In Police Custody For Attempting To Kill Wife With Pestle
- Ex-Sierra Leone President Under House Arrest Amid Coup Investigation
- JUST-IN: Senate Donates N109m December salary To Kaduna Bombing Victims
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News5 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead
News1 day ago
‘She Has Contributed Immensely To My Business, Social And Political Life’ , Gov Adeleke Eulogizes Wife, Titilola On Her Birthday.