Tragedy struck over the weekend in Ondo State when a tricycle operator, Adebayo Titus, 35, was beaten to death by his colleague, Akintelure Festus, 39.
The incident occurred in Oke-Aro axis in Akure South Local Government area of the state.
The commercial tricycle operatives were said to have engaged in a fierce brawl during which Akintelure allegedly hit Adebayo.
After the deceased slumped, he was rushed to a nearby clinic where he later gave up the ghost.
When contacted, the spokesperson of the Ondo State Police command, SP Funmilayo Odunlami, confirmed the incident.
According Odunlami, the two tricycle riders had engaged themselves in heated argument before throwing punches at each other.
She said, “The victim collapsed as a result of the fight and was confirmed dead when he was rushed by people within the area.”
Odunlami stressed that after the conclusion of investigation, the suspect will be charged to court.
- Osun: Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Impede Free Flow Of Traffic With Double Queues, Petrol Stations/Motorists Warned
- Northern Group Faults Atiku For Backing Naira Redesign, Says Move Not Favour Common People
- Reasons For Recurring Train Attacks — Investigation
- Jealous Brother Shoots Sister’s Lover In Ogun
- People’s Welfare, My Top Priority-Adeleke
Foreign News5 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
News5 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News5 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies