The police have arraigned a former worker of Stanbic-IBTC Bank, Ajayi Olusola, before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, for allegedly defrauding the bank of the sum of N205m.
The defendant is facing three counts bordering on conspiracy, obtaining by false pretences and unlawful conversation preferred against him by the Police Special Fraud Unit, Ikoyi, Lagos.
The prosecutor, Mr Sylvester Azubuike, told the court that the defendant allegedly committed the fraud alongside one Ayodele Olaogun and Hakeem Abdulhadi, who were at large.
Azubuike said Olusola, who now operates a company, Abel System Services Limited, allegedly committed the fraud between 2015 and 2021, while he was working with the bank.
The former banker and his company were arraigned before Justice Abimbola Awogboro.
The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Justice Awogboro admitted him to bail in the sum of N50m with two sureties in like sum.
The court adjourned the case till November 10 for commencement of trial. Punch
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion5 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News2 days ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News5 days ago
New Webometric Ranking: OAU Emerges 2ND