The Ondo State police command has revealed that some suspects have been arrested in connection to the killing of Mrs Funke Olakunrin, daughter of the Afenifere leader, Reuben Fasoranti.
Spokesman to the Ondo State police command, Mr Femi Joseph, confirmed this development to newsmen on Monday.
According to Joseph, the suspects were arrested when a team of security operatives stormed the forests in the area near Ore in Ondo State.
However, he did not reveal the identities of those arrested. He said investigations were still ongoing while suspects would be paraded as soon as possible.
Funke Olakurin was shot dead in Ore, Ondo state, by gunmen on Friday.
The 58-year-old woman was heading to Ore junction from Akure, Ondo state, when she was attacked.
- Ospoly Women Celebrate Week, Donate N.2m Items To Orphanage
- Presidency Finally Reacts To DSS Unlawful Arrest Of Sowore
- Local Hunters Arrest Two Kidnappers In Osun
- Parents Urged To Invest In Children’s Education …As SBIO Pays WAEC Fees Of 8 Best Students In Osun
- Two Die In Ghastly Motor Accident In Osogbo