By Abiodun Ogunrinde, Ibadan
Justice Patricia Ajoku of the Federal High Court, Ibadan on Friday, October 11, 2019, convicted two internet fraudsters and sentenced them to six months in prison each.
The convict, Idris Adedigba and Bola Seun Badejo, were found guilty of their separate one-count charges bordering on fraudulent impersonation preferred against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan zonal office.
They both pleaded guilty to the charges when read to them.
Besides the jail terms, the duo were to restitute sums of money established to be proceeds of their criminal acts to their victims, as well as forfeit to
the Federal Government of Nigeria, items recovered from them during arrest and investigation.
Adedigba was ordered to restitute $1,000 USD while Badejo will be returning $500 USD, both through the Federal Government.
Items to be forfeited include an HP laptop, Acer laptop, Nokia phone, Internet modem, iPhone 8
plus and iPhone X.
- Just In: Osun Relaxes Covid-19 Lockdown For The Next 14 Days, Curfew Now 9pm To 5am
- Coronavirus: We ‘ve Done So Much To Flatten Curve Of Pandemic ~ Says Osun Govt
- Osun PDP Unifies As Major Ogunbiyi Stakeholders Join Adeleke
- RUGIPO Clears Air On Alleged High Handedness On Institution’s Governing Council Chair
- Edo 2020: Direct Primaries Not The Best Amid Covid-19, Journalist Warns Buhari, APC Leaders