Kenya’s Sharon Cherop emerged as the first female athlete to finish the 42km race at the 2020 Lagos City Marathon.
Her compatriot, David Barmasai, earlier emerged winner of the male category of the 2020 Lagos City Marathon.
The 42km race commenced from National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos and ended at Eko Atlantic, Lagos.
Both male and female 42km runners competed for the grand prize of $50,000 while the second and third place winners $40,000 and $30,000 respectively.
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development