By Our Reporter
Successful hristian Mission Football Club has won the second edition of the Yinka Olatunbosun Youth Peace Football Competition.
The competition began on October 22, 2019, with 16 clubs. The competition which lasted for barely 1 month came to an end on November 24 with the final match played by Sky Football club and Successful Christian Mission football club at Ife Mini-stadium, Arubidi, Ile-Ife.
The match was, however, not concluded that day but was eventually concluded on November 27 with a penalty kick-out after the regulation time with Successful Christians Mission Football club emerging as the winner.
The presentation of the trophy, medals, certificates and prizes by the sponsor, Yinka Olatunbosun eventually took place yesterday at St. John’s Grammar School, Oke-Atan, Ile-Ife at 5.00 pm.
In his address, he expressed his appreciation to the members of the organising committee headed by Alh. Shina Afolabi and assisted by Mr. Oladosu Samson (Coach Big Sam) for a job well done.
He thanked all the participating teams and appealed to players to be of good behaviours and conducts at all times while also appreciating the officiating referees and fans.
Alh. Shina Afolabi in his own remarks also thanked the sponsor for his efforts towards the development of sports in Ifeland.
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development