Real Madrid forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, has reached a deal with the Spanish tax authorities to serve two years in prison in a tax evasion case.
The El Mundo Newspaper reported on Friday that the player would also pay 18.8 million euro (16.41 million pounds) fine.
According to the publication, Ronaldo accepted four fiscal offences before the tax authorities, each of which carries a punishment of six months in prison.
But, Ronaldo is unlikely to serve any time in jail under the deal because Spanish law states that a sentence of under two years for a first offence can be served on probation.
The 33-year-old Portuguese footballer, who is accused of evading 14.7 million euros in taxes, has denied all the allegations through his agents.
The news dropped just hours before Portugal’s opening match of the World Cup against Spain.
- Chief Of Army Staff, Buratai In Osun, Defends President Muhammadu Buhari
- Breaking: Kidnappers Free Retired US Soldier In Ekiti
- How To Know A Refurbished Or Fake Smartphone In The Market
- Elebuibon Donates School To Traditional Religion Worshippers, Recommends Teaching Of Yoruba Beliefs In Schools
- Solutions To Nigeria’s Problems Can Only Be Found Through Traditional Means, Ifa Priest Tell Govts
News4 days ago
Updated: Anxiety As Police Allegedly Chase Suspected ‘Yahoo Boys’ To Death In Osogbo, Angry Youths Dump Corpse At The Entrance Of Govt House
News5 days ago
6 Artists Remanded For Allegedly Shooting Pornographic Video At Osun-osogbo Shrine
News3 days ago
BREAKING: TESCOM Announces Cut Off Mark, To Begin Interview September 21
News4 days ago
Osun: How Policeman Killed Our 20-year-old Son Over N50 Bribe – Family