Former House of Representatives members, Oyetunde Oladimeji Ojo, and Hakeem Abiodun Muniru, Prince Aremo Fuad Akiolu, were among the dignitaries that attended the 5th year remembrance of the first Executive Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Rafiu Jafojo.
Other dignitaries at the event include Hon Abiodun Rahmon, Lagos Island, Prince Nurudeen Adeleye of Osoja Royal Family Ikeja among others.
CityMirrorNews reports that the late Bakare Jafojo died April 23, 2016, after a brief illness in Lagos.
The remembrance organized by late Jofojo children Hajia Bola Jafojo-Adeoti; Olota of Ikeja land, Chief Adesoji, Adeniyi and Adewale Jafojo, was held at his residence in Ikeja under strict Lagos state government’s guidelines on Coronavirus pandemic.
In his remark, Adewale who was the former Chief of Staff to the Speaker of Lagos State stated that their father will forever be remembered.
“Today marked 5 years our Dad died, just like yesterday, he will forever be remembered, a great icon, an elder statesman, and a man who lived his life serving humanity with honesty.”
“As the first Executive Deputy Governor of Lagos State, alongside former Governor, late Lateef Kayode Jakande, they left a blueprint for the state which their successors are building on.”
“Daddy sleep on and sleep well. Forever loved. Forever missed. Forever in our hearts.”
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors