The Senator representing Osun West Senatorial district of Osun State, Adelere Oriolowo has commiserated with the family, friends, students and loved ones of Prof. Richard Olayiwola Fagbenle, who died a recently at the age of 76.
In a statement personally signed by the distinguished Senator, a copy which was made available to newsmen, Senator Oriolowo described Prof Fagbenle as an exemplary scholar.
The distinguished senator said, the late Professor taught him and the immediate past Governor of Osun, Engr. Rauf Aregbesola ‘Thermodynamics’ at the Polytechnic Ibadan from 1976 to 1978 when they did their OND in Mechanical Engineering.
The Professor of Mechanical Engineering was an internationally recognized energy expert, who made Nigeria proud in many countries across the world and got hired by the United Nations (UN) in the 1990s as Director of Energy for Botswana.
The late Fagbenle also served on the Energy Board for Southern Africa for about four years.
The late academic and highly rated scholar pioneered three higher institutions as Director, Provost and Governing Council Chairman.
Senator Oriolowo prayed to God to console his family and all his loved ones including colleagues and students.
- Let’s End Xenophobia With Arts And Music, Ex-Rep Member Tells African Leaders
- Baptist Church Celebrates 108th Anniversary in Grand Style
- Ondo Guber Poll: Leadership Expert Warns Against Vote Buying, Selling
- No Going Back On Nationwide Strike, Ondo NLC Chair
- Internet Fraud: 2 Yahoo Boys Jailed in Ibadan