Candidate of the people’s democratic party in Osun east senatorial district, prince Adenigba Fadahunsi has been returned as the winner of the general election in the area.
Prince Fadahunsi polled 114,893 votes to defeat his closest contender on the platform of the All progressive Congress, Mr Ajibola Famurewa who scored 105,720.
The returning office, professor Adegbehingbe Olayinka Oladiran of the department of orthopaedic surgery and traumatology, obafemi awolowo University ile Ife, declared prince Fadahunsi as the senator elect for the Osun east senatorial district having certified the requirements of the electoral law.
In his acceptance speech, prince Fadahunsi dedicated the victory to the people of the zone and promised to fulfill his campaign promises to them.
The senator elect said the election is a win win game for him and other contestants across the party divides.
Meanwhile, mr Oluwole Oke of the People’s Democratic Party has been returned as the winner of the election into the ijesa north , Otunba Taofeek Abimbola Ajilesoro won in Ife federal constituency, just as the candidate of the All progressive Congress in ijesa South, chief Babatunde Ayeni also clinched victory.
- Speakership Race: Namdas, Wase, 2 Others Step Down For Gbajabiamila
- Battle for Senate Presidency Toughens As Hard Liners In APC May Ruin Ruling Party’s Chances
- Reasons Why Some People Leave Canada After Receiving Permanent Residency
- Naira Marley: Angry Protesters Storm EFCC Office
- 6 Gay Priests Dismissed In Abia State – See Their Names And Details