An INEC office at Oriade Local Government Area in Osun state was attacked at about 3 AM on Sunday, officials say.
Suspected hoodlums are said to have besieged the office, shooting at the Commission’s office and destroying parts of its property.
Some of the items destroyed include ballot papers and boxes which were burnt and 2 generator sets.
Meanwhile, INEC has declared the Peoples Democratic Party Candidate, Oluwole Oke as the winner of the Oriade/Obokun federal constituency.
The returning officer, Prof Rasaki Adebayo , from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife while declaring the result said Hon Sole Oke of. PDP won the election with over 25 thousands votes against APC Candida who polled over 19 thousands
- Breaking: AFCON 2019: Nigeria Beat Guinea, Qualify For Round Of 16
- Family, Residents Cry For Justice As Suspected Sons of Islamic Cleric Kill Mechanic In Ikirun
- Paris Club Refund: Oyetola’s Government Has Not Received Any Proceeds From FG-Oyebamiji
- Gunmen Kidnap 10 Passengers On Akure/Ikere Road
- We Will Vehemently Resist Contempt On Oluwo, GCI Boosts
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
Citizens Engagement: Osun Deputy Gov Gives Dialogue 365 Platform Pass Mark
News3 days ago
Battle For Ministerial Appointments Rages As President Prepares Final List
News4 days ago
Kidnapping: Bandits Days Are Over Says Army ….Launches Drone In Ondo, Ekiti States
News3 days ago
Osun Economic Summit On Hold