As the Supreme Court fixes 5th July, 2019 for judgement in the Osun governorship tussle, the Chief Whip of the State House of Assembly, Mr Babatunde Olatunji has expressed optimism that the Apex court will affirm the election of Governor Gboyega Oyetola.
Mr Olatunji was addressing newsmen in Abuja shortly after the court adjourned the matter following adoption of written addresses of parties.
The Chief Whip observed that arriving from the unambiguous decision of the Appellate court which upheld nearly all the grounds of Appeal of Governor Oyetola and the APC, the facts and law of the matter have been clearly resolved.
Mr Olatunji contends further that,” litigations and Court verdicts are not influenced by media sensation or opinions, these issues are purely of facts presented by parties and the positions of laws in Cassærespect of same. Our counsels have done yeoman’s job as again demonstrated today in court, so we have nothing to fear”
Mr Olatunji who expressed confidence in the Chief Justice of Nigeria and the entire judiciary notes, that” the judiciary has sustained the hope of Nigerians in believing in the principle of peaceful resolution of conflicts through incisive and equitable decisions, since return to democratic rule 20 years ago ”
He however appealed to the people of the state to continue in their prayers and support for Governor Gboyega Oyetola, who is determined to take the state to the next level of human capital development, infrastructure and better life for all.
- Incessant Comments On Herdsmen’s Untoward Acts: Group Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life
- Osun Security Summit: OPCI Flays Aladesewa Over Comments, Says OPC Is Jittery
- Dismissal Of Certificate Forgery Case:’Persecution Now Fully Exposed’-Senator Adeleke
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused Of Complicity
- The Village Square Interactive Session With ‘Tunde Olatunji