As this year Idel-Kabir festival was observed worldwide on Sunday, a renown traditional ruler in Osun State, the Olukoyi of Ikoyi land ,Oba Yisau Bantale Otunla, Kodaolu 1, has urged Muslim faithful to pray fervently to God to bring the menace of insecurity to the issue of the past.
Olukoyi made gave the charge while addressing Muslim Humma at his palace, after observing two rakat of salat at the Town’s prayer ground.
According to Oba Otunla, at this point in time, Nigeria need adequate prayers in order to put lasting solution to this present security imbroglio.
His words, “Our government is trying their best towards the protection of the entire people of the Country, but we need to demonstrate our unflinching support to them through our prayer to the Almighty God for His intervention”.
Oba Otunla further enjoined the people not to harbor any criminal in their various communities while they should collaborate with the Security agents in order to avert breaking of law.
The Olukoyi who used the medium to felicitate with the state governor, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, his deputy, Mr Benedict Gboyega Alabi and Chairman, Isokan South Local Council Development Area on the occasion of Idel-Kabir, however called on the entire Muslims to celebrate the annual festival moderately with love.
Meanwhile, the Olukoyi and his immediate family and Muslims in their large numbers troop out to the Muslim prayer ground to observed Sallah celebration in the morning.
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development