An Ile Ife born veteran journalist, Jamiu Babatunde Olawumi has clinched the sole nomination ticket for commissionrrdhip position for Ife Central local government into the Osun State in-coming cabinet.
Jamiu who was one of the office-seekers defeated five others to emerge.
The Ife Federal Constituency leadership under a former Deputy Governor, Sooko Adeleke Adewoyin had directed the four local governments in the area to forward capable individuals for the position.
A recommendation paper obtained by newsmen revealed that Jamiu Olawumi obtained five of the seven votes to defeat his distant runner up, Mr Ayoola Olajolo who scored just two votes.
Other contenders who include Comrade Biyi Odunlade, a former Commissioner in the State, a former Gubernatorial aspirant Fanibe, Mr Ojuolape Olagbaju and a former banker Mr Fabunmi among others were not lucky to secure a vote.
In the meantime, the Chairman of the nomination panel Engr Tunde Awofisayo has congratulated the screening committee members for being above boards during the exercise despite various pressure.
Members of the screening committee were APC party Chairmen for Ife Central and Ife Central West, Members of the elders council, Women leaders and Secretaries for the Local government and LCDA.
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life