By Niyi Olutunde, Akure
Following the inauguration of the Panel to probe the crisis which erupted over land dispute between the people of Araromi-Obu and Ikale (Ago Alaye), the Ondo state governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, has directed government officials to stop making forthwith, public comments or statements on the matter.
This was contained in a statement signed by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Ojo Oyewamide on Tuesday and made available to journalists.
The statement said the action becomes imperative in order to allow the Panel set up by Government to be dispassionate in its assignments.
“Mr. Governor’s belief in the sanctity of the process already put in place underscores the need for all to avoid the path of sub justice.
“Nonetheless, this directive does not in any way inhibit private suggestions from individuals to the Panel by way of Memorandum on issues that will promote a more harmonious relationship between the affected communities”, the statement reads.
- Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
- Ooni Promises To Consolidate Relationship With Canada
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News5 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News4 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports5 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life