The Acting General Manager, Osun State Waste Management Agency, OWMA, Sanitarian Henry Femi Ogunbamiwo, on Monday debunked report published by a newspaper, (Not CityMirrorNews) that epidemic looms in Osun over refuse dumped by the residents of Oka-bale area in Osogbo.
The OWMA boss while debunking the report during a chat with journalists in his office said, “It is unfortunate that a reputable media house would carry that fake news which is not true”.
According to Ogunbamiwo, ” Yes, the issue of waste management is a continuous exercise and which is part of the responsibility of the agency and the mandate to catch off all the waste within the state irrespective of the location it is found.
“I wouldn’t know where he got that report but I am sure it is likely to be along Oke Baale axis as we had a small challenge which we have resolved over the weekend”
Ogunbamiwo, lamented further that, “Few weeks ago, during the cause of discharging our responsibilities, our truck that was assigned to that area during the morning and getting to shasha junction, having completed the assignment that day, the woman driver had even closed the bucket of the truck trying to turn back, but a woman from nowhere came and had accident that day.
“She had an injury, instantly the agency took care of the victim by taking her to the hospital. After that, the police waded in and out truck was impounded even the driver was locked up for two days”.
He said the truck was impounded by the Police and all efforts to ensure the vehicle was released proved abortive until last week Friday when the Commissioner of Police in the state waded into the issue and directed that the vehicle should be released immediately to them.
Ogunbamiwo said that after getting back the truck, they have to put certain things in place as the vehicle was impounded for three weeks.
He added that, ‘I had to visit the Osogbo local government and met with the Chairman, the Council Manager and the Director, Wash department of the local government to strategize on how they would evacuate the refuse that had accumulated over the time there.
” We decided to leave that side, firstly, the truck was not released and secondly, hoodlums threatened that they will kill and maim our staff.
“So, I wouldn’t want a situation where I will expose the staff of the agency to unforeseen circumstances. So the issue was reported to the police and we have perfected plans to go there to do it.
” But today, the Osun Osogbo festival made the place look clumsy and our truck cannot go to that side. By the special grace of God, tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, the truck will be there to start the evacuation of those waste”
He said, the truck that will be assigned there will not be less than five so would need the collaboration of the local government.
“We recognise the effort of the state governor, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola on waste, before 9am and 10am, the refuse that were dumped on the major streets have been taken care of by the OWMA” Ogunbamiwo concluded.
- Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
- Ooni Promises To Consolidate Relationship With Canada
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News5 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News4 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports5 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life