Osinbajo’s chopper crash-landed at Kabba in Kogi state while on a campaign tour on Saturday.
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, in a message on Twitter, said that he is safe and sound.
Osinbajo’s chopper crash-landed at Kabba in Kogi state while on a campaign tour on Saturday, February 2, 2019.
The VP’s Twitter post reads: “We are safe and sound! Thank you to everyone who has expressed concern and thank you to the crew who managed the situation well. We believe that God will continue to keep us and Nigeria safe even as we go higher. We continue #NextLevelEngagements in Kabba, Kogi State.”
Reacting to the crash, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, in a post on Twitter, wished Osinbajo well.
Atiku said: “Dear Vice President @ProfOsinbajo, I just received news of the crash of your helicopter in Kabba, Kogi State. I am happy to note however that all is well with you and your delegation.”
Fayose is thankful
Also, the former Governor of Ekiti state, Ayo Fayose thanked God for saving the life of the Vice-President.
Fayose, in a post on Twitter, said “I rejoice with VP Yemi Osinbajo and thank God for keeping him alive today. I wish him quick recovery from whatever minor injuries he could have sustained in the crash. For me, sanctity of life goes beyond politics and I pray that God will continue to safeguard his life.”
The Presidential election is scheduled to hold on Saturday, February 16, 2019.
- PS SUBEB, Kolawole Pays Courtesy Visist To Oranmiyan House, Says His Politics Is Simply Aregbesola
- Breaking: PDP Suspends Chairman on Allegation of Misappropriation of Funds
- Imbibe Reading Culture In Children–Osun First Lady Tells Parents
- National Theatre DG, Stella Oyedepo, Dies In Car Crash
- PDP Kicks Against Inclusion Of Justice Oyewole In Osun Appeal Panel