Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has opened up on his Islam faith saying that becoming a Muslim made him ‘better person’.
In an interview with British daily The Times ‘ Life Times, Pogba said he was not raised as a Muslim despite his mother practicing Islam.
He revealed that he started ‘questioning himself over a lot of things’ before turning to Islam and becoming ‘more peaceful inside’.
Pogba became interested in Islam after he decided to research the religion and follow a number of his friends by turning to the faith and the Man United midfielder credits the decision with helping to make him a better person.
Last month he was pictured along with Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma performing umrah pilgrimage to Mecca.
During an interview for The Times‘Life Times podcast, the 26 year old midfielder was asked what Islam meant to him, to which he said: “It’s everything. That’s what makes me thankful for everything.”
- Breaking! Insecurity: Osun OPC Gives Fulani Herders 7 Days Ultimatum To Fish Out Bad Eggs Among Them
- Breaking: Supo Ayokunle Re-Elected CAN President
- Osun Guber: 10 Takeaways From Supreme Court Hearing By Adebiyi Adebisi
- Commotion As Gunmen Kidnap Catholic Priest In Edo
- Osun Chief Whip, Olatunji Expresses Optimism Over Supreme Court Judgement
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News3 days ago
Meet ‘Dayo Fasola, Oyetola’s New SSA
News2 days ago
Read Aare Onakakanfo Stance On Fulani Herdsmen Scourge In Yoruba Land
South West News4 days ago
Osun Chief Whip Urges Residents To Volunteer Information To Security Agencies To Combat Crime
News3 days ago
[Photo News]Former Osun First Lady , Serifat Aregbesola Bags Award