Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has opened up on his Islam faith saying that becoming a Muslim made him ‘better person’.
In an interview with British daily The Times ‘ Life Times, Pogba said he was not raised as a Muslim despite his mother practicing Islam.
He revealed that he started ‘questioning himself over a lot of things’ before turning to Islam and becoming ‘more peaceful inside’.
Pogba became interested in Islam after he decided to research the religion and follow a number of his friends by turning to the faith and the Man United midfielder credits the decision with helping to make him a better person.
Last month he was pictured along with Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma performing umrah pilgrimage to Mecca.
During an interview for The Times‘Life Times podcast, the 26 year old midfielder was asked what Islam meant to him, to which he said: “It’s everything. That’s what makes me thankful for everything.”
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Anti-open Grazing Law Not To Witch-hunt Fulani Herdsmen-Osun Govt
- Police Parade Suspected Killers Of Modakeke Indigenes, Other suspects in Osun
- Fayemi, Akeredolu, Daniel, Obi Of Onitsha, Other Dignitaries To Attend Osun @ 30 Banquet, Awards Tomorrow
- World Tourism Day: Osun Govt Says State Culturally Blessed With Tourist Attractions
- I Will Report You To IGP, Delta Court Threatens Witness In Murder Case
News4 days ago
Angry Residents Attack Police Station In Sokoto, Kill 13 Detained Suspected Bandits
News3 days ago
Borrowing To Accumulate Debt For Next Generations Is Criminal – Obasanjo Tells Buhari Govt
News4 days ago
Obadiah Mailafia, Former CBN Deputy Gov Is Dead
News2 days ago
Heavy Security In Abia As Court Hears Nnamdi Kanu’s Suit Against FG Today