The wife of the immediate past governor of Anambra State, Ebelechukwu Obiano, on Sunday, emerged the candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance for Anambra North senatorial election.
Mrs Obiano defeated her husband’s former Chief of Staff, Primus Odili, to emerge the APGA candidate in a keenly contested primary in the presence of heavy security.
Mrs Obiano, at the primary held at the Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium, Onitsha, Onitsha North Local Government Area, scored 152 votes while her closest rival, Odili got 120.
Other aspirants at the election included the state former Commissioner for Information, Tony Nnacheta (2 votes), and one Onwuteaka Sam Jnr, who equally got 2 votes, out of the 276 total votes cast at the poll.
The Returning Officer for the election, Mr O. Ikenna, who declared Mrs Obiano winner having scored the highest number of votes cast, commended the contestants and delegates.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Kaduna: NDLEA Wages War Against Drug Traffickers, 121 Arrested, 13 Joints Sealed
- PDP Drags APC, INEC, Omo-Agege, Others To Court
- Tragedy As Hunter’s Son Shoots Brother Dead While Testing Bulletproof Charm Acquired by Their Father
- What God Told Me About 2023 General Election – Fr. Mbake Reveals Vision
- Don’t judge me, mother who ‘Dumped’ Baby On Street Says In Note
News5 days ago
Osun LG Election: Otan-Ile APC Members Protest Imposition Of Chairmanship Candidate By Party Leadership
News4 days ago
Breaking: Supreme Court Affirms Osun Gov-elect, Adeleke As PDP Candidate
News3 days ago
I Wish You Best In Your Adminstration, Babayemi Congratulates Adeleke
News5 days ago
Adeleke Vs Babayemi: Osun Residents Assured Of Safety As Supreme Court Delivers Judgement Today